Often you might like to send a secure message to your partner. You must have liked to encrypt the message so that only your partner is able to open it. Encrypting text is a good thing to do in such scenario. ImmediateCrypt is a Cross Platform Portable Software to Encrypt and Decrypt Text Messages. It runs on Java and is pretty easy to use. ImmediateCrypt employs the following cryptographic standards and techniques:
- AES-256 cipher
- CBC block chaining
- PKCS#5 PBE
It is released under the GPLv3 license and works under any Java-enabled environment (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X).
To use the software, first download it from the following link [2.31 Mb].
Extract the archive in a new folder and execute ImmediateCrypt.jar for launching the application. If you see an error message either Java Runtime is not installed or corrupted. If its is installed, uninstall it, download a fresh copy and install.
The software GUI is very primitive. Usage is too simple.
- Copy the normal or encrypted text to clipboard.
- Click on Paste here for pasting the content to the software. It does not support ‘right click and paste’ feature.
- Enter a password. It allows all kind of passwords, even a single character password. If you are decrypting a message, use the same password used to encrypt it.
- Click on Crypt to encrypt simple text or Decrypt to decrypt encrypted text.
- To copy the output text, click on Copy contents to clipboard.
|Encrypt Normal Text|
|Decrypt Encrypted Text|
No help documentation is available online or offline. In fact it is unnecessary for such a simple software.
The software consumes little system resources.
The software can also be run with Java Web Start.
or, with a Demo Web Application
I liked this tiny portable freeware and will recommend it.