This software is designed to secure anything that others shouldn’t know. When encrypting, it creates new file, adds a tag and then writes changed bytes from the original file, regarding to the key. When decrypting, it creates new file named as the original, removes tag and writes changed back bytes from the crypted file. If the key is correct, decrypted and original files will be the same.
Features and Specifications
- The software can be downloaded as a Zip archive [EncryptionApparatus.zip ; 772 Kb] containing the standalone executable along with a read me file.
- The software is clean of malware and have the following hash.
- The application is launched by executing the unsigned standalone executable [EncryptionApparatus.exe ; 1.73 Mb] unzipped from the downloaded archive.
- The software GUI is as simple as it could be.
- The usage is simple, as described in the interface,
To encrypt file: select it, type output file name (note that it creates automatically when you change input file name), and type five-chars key (or generate random one by clicking “Generate key” button).To decrypt file: select it, type output file name (note that it creates automatically when you change input file name), and type five-chars key the file was encrypted with.
- Please remember the key for decrypting purpose.
- The software is portable and can run on any Windows version, both 32 and 64 bit.
- The software uses little system resources at idle time. but moderately high during encryption/decryption.
|System resource Usage at Idle Time|
|System resource Usage during Encryption/Decryption|