- Open Notepad.And paste the following
Manufacturer= Maybe your Company Name
Model=Your Desired Model Name
- You can write anything in place of those pink colored texts. This will show up later in the OEM and Support Information.
- Save the Notepad as OEMINFO.INI.
Now place OEMLOGO.BMP and OEMINFO.INI in the following location.
%systemroot%system folder (for Windows 98/ME computers)
%systemroot%system32 folder (for W2K/XP/2003 computers)
And your system properties will now show the OEM and Support Information.
- Create a logo as before and place it in any place, preferably in %systemroot%
- Run regedit with administrative rights. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionOEMInformation
In the right pane,
- Right Click on Logo, select Modify and change the Value data to the location of the logo image.
- Right Click on Manufacturer, select Modify and change the Value data to the custom Manufacturer name.
- Right Click on Model, select Modify and change the Value data to the custom Model name.
Close regedit and go to system properties to see the change.
- Download the current version of OEM Injector from the following link.
The downloaded archive is 654 Kb in size and has the following file hash.
Extract the archive using 7Zip or other software that supports.rar files.
Execute the unsigned standalone executable [OEM Injector.exe ; 1.72 Kb] to open the software. No installation is required.
The software can run on Windows XP to Windows 7. So if your are using an earlier version of Windows use the manual trick.
The software GUI is clean and exactly the settings that is required. It is not resizable and multiple instances is allowed.
The software is multilingual, supports English and Russian language.
To clear the current OEM Information, click on Clear.
To add custom OEM Information, type the Manufacturer and Model name and browse for image to be used as logo.
It supports .bmp, .jpg, .png and .gif image formats. If selected image is a rectangle, you may choose the part of it to crop into a square by clicking one of the radio buttons on the right. If its is square, you will not have to do anything.
To set the entered information as the OEM Information, click on Install. You will find the changes by going to System Properties.
The manual can be found in the About section of the software, in the product webpage and in the readme file that comes along with the standalone executable.
The software uses minute system resources.
If you like manual control on your PC, go through the steps mentioned above to change the OEM Information, else use the software OEM Injector. If you using a PC with earlier version of Windows that XP, you have to use the manual tricks anyway. About the software, it is well written and is efficient. I just want it to be distributed as a Zip archive, since by default Windows can open that kind of archive only.