Convertilla is a simple and convenient program for converting video and music files between various formats. It supports MP4, FLV, MKV, MPG, AVI, MOV, WMV, 3GP, MP3. We prepared presets for the following devices: Android, iPod, Blackberry, Sony PSP and PS3, Microsoft XBOX 360 and Zune, Nokia N-series and others.
- The software can be downloaded from the following link.
- The installer is 4.1 Mb large and is digitally signed by Download Master.
- The installer is malware free and has the following file hash.
SHA256: fced70cb4e6e3b22ef8296b651c8d2082a2f7d9d036c137d8ff399077cad394cSHA1: 06f8574d052fd32f819c51be8750ff625b1d03a7MD5: eb9d2034c191c3671856421b15e6e3ef
- The installation went smooth and fast with the creation of a desktop icon. Installation requires 13.6 Mb of free disk space.
- It is multilingual; currently supports English and Russian.
- The software GUI is well representative of its specific features. It does not have a setting Window; everything has been drawn in one.
- Convertilla allows you to import different video files (viz. MP4, FLV, 3GP, MKV, MPG, AVI, MOV & WMV) by browsing for it or by drag & drop.
- You can convert the imported video to you desired format with desired size and quality. It supports MP4, FLV, 3GP, MKV, MPG, AVI, MOV, WMV & MP3 as the output format.
- It can also convert videos suitable for a number of Gadgets. Supported Gadgets are Android, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, PSP, PS3, XBOX 360 Nokia N, Creative Zen, iRiver, LG Chocolate & Zune.
Convertilla works on Windows 7, XP, 2000, 2003 and supports both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- For conversion to begin, you need to click on the Convert button.
- It saves files in the same folder as the input one. you can also browse for a different location to save output file.
- There is a play button. You can play converted video in the default media player.
- The offline documentation is available but not enough.
- The software can also be run from Command line. Following you can find the instructions.
convertilla.exe [param=value] … [param=value]
param=value fields can be one of the following:-inName=”c:inputvideofile.avi” – the file to convert;
-format=mp3 – output video format (mp4, flv, mkv, mpg, avi, mov, wmv, 3gp, mp3);
-resolution=640×480 – output video resolution, “Original” by default;
-quality=8 – desired output video quality from 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest);
-acm=auto – start converting automatically. Possible values: auto, autoClose (quit the program after completing conversion).
- The software uses minimal system resources at idle time and moderately high during video conversion.
|System Resource Usage at Idle Time|
|System Resource Usage during Video Conversion|
- The software can check for updates from Software GUI.
I liked the software for its simplicity. A portable version would be great. I figured out a way to prepare a portable version of the software.
Go to the installation directory of Convertilla; normally at C:Program FilesConvertilla.
Copy all the contents in that, to a different folder except unins000.dat and unins000.exe, which you will like to keep in your USB Drives.