Have you ever faced ‘CRC [Cyclic redundancy check] Check failed’ error!! If you have already gone through such annoying error, you must have remembered that nightmare and don’t want to repeat that.
The cyclic redundancy check, or “CRC” error, indicates a bad spot on your hard drive. The fact that you’re seeing it when you try to copy a file indicates that the bad spot may be within the file itself.
Abyssal Recovery is a very useful type of software that can help in such situation. According to developers description,
Abyssal Recovery can rescue corrupted or lost data from damaged, scratched, or defective CD and DVD discs. …. can copy the files to another destination on your hard drive. Abyssal Recovery will skip the bytes which are not readable from file and copy all other bytes to extract maximum data. You can set the program to copy byte with byte to minimize the losses, or you can set a higher number of bytes to be copied once for a faster recovery.
Features & Specifications
- Download the software as a RAR archive [702 Kb]
- The archive contains the installer [702 Kb]. It is not digitally signed.
- Installation is fast and clean. Desktop & Quick Launch icons are not created by default.
- The software GUI is easy to follow, select files/folders, select destination drive and start the copy.
|Select Files/Folders to Copy|
|Select Destination Drive|
|Copy in Progress|
- The software can copy the files byte to byte or copy certain bytes at a go. Following buffers are supported.
- Byte-to-byte copy will give most accurate result but will much require time.
- The software consumes minimal resources at idle time. During file/folder copy moderate system resources are consumed.
|System Resource Usage at Idle Time|
|System Resource Usage during File Copy|
The software is pretty useful and have rescued me recently during an CRC Check failed error. I would recommend it.
There is no portable version of the software but it can be easily created by copying the contents of its installation folder [C:Program FilesAbyssal Recovery] except unins000.exe & unins000.dat in a folder. Execute AbyssalRecovery.exe anytime to launch the software.