Internet is the most popular and important way of communicating, learning, earning, buying now-a-days. I myself find restless when something happens to the internet connection. Draw me in the cartoon 😉
Lol !! Anyway, internet connection problem may be broadly due to a problem with your ISP, connected Modem or Router or problem in the Operating System.
Try the following things at first
- Make sure the modem is plugged in, on and working.
- Make sure everything is plugged in or if you are using wireless make sure you are connected to the modem.
- Call your service provider to test the outgoing line for you (maybe they will need to reset the line or have a problem on their side.
- Save your internet access username and password.
- Reset your modem (you will need to consult the documentation of the modem to find out how
- Reenter your internet access login information (the default login information for access to the modem configuration interface should be printed in the manual, but this is usually; username: admin password: admin). If you still cannot find the login information try searching online for Router Passwords.
If none of the above works, you may think that is due to a failed modem or an issue with your Operating System. Normally ISP recommends a clean format for checking the issue but that is not a desired solution. To check for a possible OS related issue, you may observe the problem in more detail. If it has any of the following symptoms, the culprit most likely is your OS.
- Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
- Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling adware, spyware, antispam, vpn, firewall or other networking programs.
- Unable to access any webpage or can only access some webpages.
- Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
- No network connectivity due to registry errors.
- DNS lookup problem.
- Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
- Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.
- Windows update does not work
- You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
- Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.
Datum Complete Internet Repair
Troubleshooting OS related issue is a thing that most basic users want to ignore/skip and may seek an expert for that. But experts don’t come for free and in such a situation I highly would recommend you to use Datum Complete Internet Repair, which is a tool that automates all common kind of fixes for internet connection failure related to operating system.
- The software comes as a self extracted archive which extracts the files needed to run the program in the same folder as the original executable. You need to execute CIntRep.exe for starting the application.
- The software has an easy to follow and clean interface.
- It supports logging. It can open event viewer, reboot windows, show Winsock LSPs.
- You can take the extracted files in you thumb drive for fixing any internet related issues on-the-go. The software runs well from Windows XP to Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit and requires negligible resources at idle time as well as during the fix.
Please note that the fixes available in Complete Internet Repair can also be done even without the software. I won’t be discussing them in detail here. Please follow the mentioned online resources:
Reset Internet ProtocolRepair WinsockRenew Internet ConnectionsOpen Command Prompt with Administrative Rights and execute the command ipconfig /renew. See Reference.Flush DNS Resolver CacheOpen Command Prompt with Administrative Rights and execute the command ipconfig /flushdns. See Reference.Repair Internet ExploreClear Windows Update HistoryOpen Run and Paste %windir%SoftwareDistributionDataStore and click Enter. Delete all the contents of the opened directory. See Reference.Repair Windows UpdatesRepair SSL/HTTPS/CryptographyReset Windows Firewall configurationRestore the Default Hosts fileRepair Workgroup Computers View
But its better to avoid all those lengthy procedures, isn’t it? So use Datum Complete Internet Repair Tool, but don’t forget to create a System Restore point first.
Download the application from the following link
http://www.datum-forensics.com/freeware/comintrep/comintrep.exe [635 Kb]