Have you ever felt the necessity for writing down something quickly?
Normally we need to open a notepad either by creating one in a folder (right click > New > Text Document) or by just opening it from Start Menu / Desktop / Quick Launch / Hot Key and later saving it. But both this processes needs additional time for saving.
Also have you felt the need for removing formatting of a copied text for pasting it in a word processor?
Notepad is again in rescue there.
But if you want to cut off the additional time of saving and renaming those text document I have a suggestion for you. Use Flashnote instead. I am using it for some time and is highly pleased.
- Flash Note is Multilingual. It supports 12 languages.
- The application is set to start automatically with windows. It remains in the tray.
- Flashnote minimizes / closes to tray. Esc key is good for hiding it. It can be set to show on top of all windows.
- It updates automatically per month. There is no options for changing connection settings. So it won’t check for updates under proxy with authentication.
- Easily launching the application by Alt + S. You can of course assign a new one of your convenience but make sure that it doesn’t coincides with existing ones.
- If you want to quit the application right click on tray and select “Exit” or use the Hot Key Alt + X. It will ask for confirmation by default.
- If you want to create a new note if saves the new note as “New Note *Date* *Time*”. Date and Time format will be the same as you PC’s format. You will of course be able to rename the auto-renamed notes. You may even choose to keep that note at the top.
- By default a new note gets filled with clipboard content.
- New Note and New Child Note (Sub-Note) can be opened using the Hot Key, Ctrl + N and Ctrl + Shift + N respectively. Notes can be renamed using F2 key. of course for all this to be done the UI remains opened and selected.
- You can set Flashnote to ignore hot key pressing in some applications like Games, Media Player etc.
- The word processor in Flashnote is very basic. It is probably based on notepad. So, it helps removing text formatting automatically like Notepad.
- You will be able to change font, font color, background color. You will also be able to add word wrap.
- If you don’t want to create a new note but still want to make it distinguishable use New Line or DateTime or New Line with Date & Time.
- For a selected portion of the typed text you can view ” length of the selected text” (Number of Characters).
- Like in notepad you can use Find, Global Find, Replace tools in Flashnote.
- You will be able to delete a note. Confirmation window will be showed.
- You can save particular notes as text file.
- You will be able to print a note, see print preview and adjust page setup in Flashnote.
- Notes can be sorted.
- Flashnote automatically saves/backups typed text as database. Backup is done once in a day by default. You will be able to increase number of dates later.
- You are allowed the synchronize the database in custom locations. This option is disabled by default.
- You will also be able to export database.
- You can set some advanced options like the following in Flashnote.
- Flashnote uses minimal resources.
|At Idle Time|
|While Creating a Note and writing on it|
Flashnote supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 32 and 64 bit.
It is also compatible with Linux. Ubuntu, Debian, maybe other.
Windows Version (2.2 Mb)
Windows Portable Version (3.0 Mb)
- Extract to any folder where you want to store it.
- Use flashnote-portable.exe in order to launch portable notes manager.
Linux Version (4.5 Mb)
Flashnote is awesome. You will surely love it !!