If you haven’t read already I have written about Microsoft Safety Scanner, Normal Malware Cleaner and McAfee Stringer that are able to scan complete system for all or specific type of malwares. So, these scans are lengthy and more importantly those scanners usually have large size. So, today I will write about two tools Emsisoft MalAware and Ashampoo Virus Quickscan that have none of the above mentioned disadvantages. This is to be mentioned that both these tools have essentially same performance because Ashampoo uses Emsisoft engine and database for its malware detection.
- Minimal Design: There are no complex things in the UI of the softwares. You need to press start to initiate scanning. Licensing terms agreement were automatically selected by which you agree that anonymous information about your system status is transmitted to the Emsisoft and Ashampoo webservers respectively. This is the only technical possible way to do a full cloud based scan of all active processes.
- Fast Scan: Both softwares scan system memory for active infections and trace. Scan took place on an average of 1 minute.
|Scanning with Emsisoft MalAware|
|Scanning with Ashampoo Virus Quickscan|
- Moderate Resource Usage: Both software use moderate resources during scanning – about 15Mb RAM and 40% CPU.
|Emsisoft MalAware Scan Resource Usage|
|Ashampoo Virus Quickscan Scan Resource Usage|
- Small Installer: Both softwares are portable and uses cloud database for scanning. As a result the sizes of the softwares are very small: 0.97 Mb for Emsisoft MalAware and 1.05 Mb for Ashampoo Virus Quickscan). Both software installers are digitally signed by Emsi Software GmbH and Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG.
- Requires Internet Connection: This softwares uses cloud database for online checking up of scanned files. So, these softwares can’t use used in Offline PC.
- Not a replacement for full-fledged on-demand scanner: Since both these softwares scan only specific areas for active malwares these performs a very fast scanning and may therefore not wholly give information on whether the PC is possibly infected in system areas outside the scanned. These softwares can remove a limited number of infections, but can not provide long term protection of your PC. So, if you are sure that your system is infected scan using any good on-demand scanner like Microsoft Safety Scanner and Normal Malware Cleaner. and install any reliable real-time antivirus.
- Always remains updated: Since these softwares use cloud database for scanning, these are always updated with respect to malware database. So, no need to download periodically for scanning with latest malware definitions unlike Microsoft Safety Scanner, Normal Malware Cleaner and McAfee Stringer.
- Offers to save scan-log: You will be able to save scan-log after the scan is finished.
- Offers you to buy or try their full fledged products that is Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Ashampoo Anti-Malware respectively or re-scan PC once again in 30 days.
- Free: Both these softwares are free to download, scan and clean malware infections.
- Requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 as well as on 2003/2008 Servers in all 32 bit and 64 bit editions.
- Do not require software installation and can be started immediately.
- During scan are approx. 50 MB free RAM required. It is suggested to use it on computers with at least 512 MB RAM, best would be 1 GB RAM.
- Can run alongside your existing Anti-Malware software.
Direct Download link of Emsisoft MalAware
Direct Download link of Ashampoo Virus Quickscan
In my opinion, either of these softwares are handy if you want to quick check your system for malware infections. Emsisoft has great detection of malwares as is found from testing of Malware Research Group, PC Security Labs, Virus Bulletin etc. So, why not give this software a spin by yourself !!
Good Night !!