Do you remember the post where I discussed about unhiding non-system files!! Hiding a file like a system file can be done by altering the file attribute. XChange Attribute is a tiny freeware to quickly change file attributes among Normal, Hidden and Hidden + System. So, this software can also be used to ‘unhide non-system files’.
Features & Specifications
- The software can be downloaded as a Zip archive (383 Kb) containing two executable. Installation can be run with any executable. The software allows to continue the installation for current user or for all users.
- The software do not create entry to Windows Start Menu. In the Program Files directory it contains 2 files: att2.exe and att2.xml. You can copy these two files to a thumb drive and can run it anytime, anywhere like a portable application.
- The software can run on all Windows version. Both 32 and 64 bit.
- The software GUI is simplest. All you have to do is to browse for the folder containing files and select your desired attribute and click on Change Attribute.
- You will get a confirmation alert before the conversion start.
- XChange Attribute uses minimal system resources.
- No offline or online documentation. But the software is easier enough to use without
The software is useful but is very basic. Many little changes can be incorporated.
- All to select single file.
- Make the browsing for folders easier.
- Allow drag-drop support.
- Abort conversion if the desired and actual file attribute is the same.
- Allow changing folder attribute too.
The software homepage is completely in Iranian language and I was not able to find the actually product webpage.
Download the software from Softpedia
The software is free of any malware or riskware.