Keyboard Layouts i.e. the specific mechanical, visual, or functional arrangement of the keys vary from country to country. The process of switching between keyboard layouts is easy but lengthy. So, for Mac users who switch keyboard layouts frequently, Eltima has developed Langwitch.
According to the developer,
Langwitch is a simple FREE utility for Mac OS X that makes switching between the keyboard layouts very easy! Simply set the individual hotkey for each language you use and you won’t have to switch through all languages every time you need to use a particular one.
- Langwitch allows you to switch between US, French, German, Spanish, Canadian English, Arabic, Australian, Brazilian, British, Danish, Icelandic, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese keyboard layouts.
- You can set the individual hotkey for each language you use and you won’t have to switch through all languages every time you need to use a particular one.
- There is also no need to check which keyboard layout is selected right now. With Langwitch you can switch to the needed language momentarily!
- You can set the software to run at Login.
- Langwitch will be displayed as a icon on Menu bar. You can set the icon image as the application icon or the current language icon.
You can get Langwitch from Mac App Store. Download and use the softwar as long as you wish. Eltima is providing the software as freeware.