If you have deleted some important files accidentally, don’t get too much depressed. Just keep your head cool because there are data recovery software that can unerase your files. Shift + Delete will visually delete files but leaves some traces which such software explores. Wise Data Recovery is such a free software that can efficiently undelete your ‘deleted’ to exactly the same state it was before. This is like PDFZilla Free File Undelete, that I discussed few days back. In developer description
Have you ever deleted some useful files by mistake? Have you ever regretted to remove some files which you want to use later? Have you ever lost some private data as the consequence of a sudden PC crash? Let Wise Data Recovery help you! Freeware Wise Data Recovery does well in recovering lost data, no matter which are images, documents, audios, videos, compressed files or emails. It can quickly and safely search and recover the file you want as long as you specify the drive, the file type, or the file name. Wise Data Recovery will also show you the difficult level of the recovery by indicating the data as “Good”, “Poor”, “Very Poor”, or “Lost” in the scan result.
Features & Specifications
- Download the software from the following links
Installer Version [1.58 Mb]
Portable Version [573 Kb]
- The software installation is quick and clean. It requires 2.6 Mb free disk space. After installation, it opens webpage to download other free software from the company. Desktop icon is created automatically.
- To use the portable version, extract the files and run WiseDataRecovery.exe.
- The software is Designed for XP,Vista,Win7/8 (both 32 and 64).
- The software is multilingual; supports 18 languages.
- The GUI is clean and easy to use. Just select the drive to scan and it will show the files that can be recovered there along with a recoverability rating
- Select the files to recover and click on Recover. It will ask for a folder where the recovered files are to be saved. Please select another drive for saving those files.
- It will start the recovery process and will quickly end that process with success and opens the output folder.
- The software has no offline help documentation but have online help instructions.
- It consumes low system resources at idle time but moderate while recovering files.
- The software can manually check for updates.
- The software uninstallation leaves no leftovers and opens a feedback page at the end.
- If the deleted files were in a particular folder, the software will not retrieve them in that folder.
- Do NOT perform any write operations on the drive where the deleted files are present, else there is every chance that the recoverability will decrease.
- I would prefer an option to select all or select none in the list of recoverable files.