If you have been in a tour, festival, occasion and have taken lots of photographs, you must have felt the need to group all of those in the form of video slideshow with musics and effects. Cute Photo Slideshow Free Version
is a basic yet powerful application that can do the same in few easy to follow steps. According to the developer:
It allows you to create entertaining photo slideshows you can watch on TV, create SWF Flash slideshow perfect for posting online to your website, generate MP4 video files for mobile devices, build photo slideshow video ready for upload to YouTube, MySpace. Within a few minutes of work, you’ll have an eye-catching photo slide show for TV for iPod, Zune, PSP, PDA, Smart phone (MPEG, MPEG-4, 3GP MP4), for MySpace, YouTube (FLV, Web Album as output formats).
Features and Specifications
- Cute Photo Slideshow Free Version installer is 4.37 Mb in size without any digital signature.
- It requires 13.9 Mb of disk space.
- Desktop icon is created automatically.
- You need to be careful during the installation because the installer includes two third party ‘software’ Relevant Knowledge, Install Monetizer. Although the option to install those is not selected, you need to be careful by following the recommended settings.
Avoid Relevant Knowledge
Avoid Install Monetizer
- Cute Photo Slideshow Free Version ran well on Windows XP to Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.
- The software features a very easy looking interface.
- It can accept only JPG or JPEG images. It do not support drag-and-drop.
- It can add audio for making the slideshow. It supports all common audio formats. There is an option to end audio when no pictures are there.
- It supports adding random effects to the slideshow.
- You will be able to set delays between photos and effects in the slideshow.
- You will be able to manage the quality of the output audio and video by setting the Video Frame Size, Video Bitrate, Video Frame Rate, Audio Sample Rate, Audio Channel.
- The output video can be of the following formats: MP4, WMV, MOV, FLV, SWF. This makes the output video suitable for all kinds of applications including Quicktime, Desktop Viewing, Youtube Uploading, Viewing on Smartphones and for webpages as a flash object.
- The output directory is set to a typical location [C:WindowsSystem32configsystemprofilephotoslideshow]. although you can change that location.
- The speed of conversion is fast. During conversion it opens up a window showing the progress of the conversion.
|Processing Progress Window
- Output quality depends on the configuration set for the output video.
- Output video size is surprisingly small with even high configuration, without any observable quality loss.
- The software has a good online documentation for better understanding the software.
- The software uses minimal resources at idle time but moderate resources while processing.
|System Resource Usage at Idle time
|System Resource Usage During Processing
The software has some nice advantages of having a small output size with high output quality, fast conversion speed, ease of use, random effects etc. I like software that remain simple but does powerful things. Few modifications if considered will make the software even more appealing.
1. More image format support.
2. Allow to fit audio size with the slideshow. If the audio does not fit with the slideshow duration, it should repeat by itself.
3. Output directory by default should be in Documents or Desktop or any other directory and not in system directory.
The software can be downloaded from the following link