- Photopus comes in two versions. Standard and Pro. I will review only Photopus i.e. Photopus Standard. Comparisons between two versions are the following.
- Small installer [7406 Kb], digitally signed by Softdiv Software Sdn Bhd.
- Installation is fast and clean.
- User Interface is easy to follow.
- It can do all the editing in batch mode.
- It can Maintain Image Meta Information.
- Photopus can Convert Images from One Format to Other.
- Photopus supports a number of filters.
- It can Adjust Color of Images. Following are options provided.
- It can Transform Images. Following are ways you can do that.
- It can Apply Effects to Images. Following effects are supported.
- I have prepared a Video Demo to show the ease of photo editing with Photopus.
- It has a well documented help file.
- System Requirements: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 2003, 2008 with 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB Ram, 100 MB Hard disk space.
- I liked the software for its ease of use and number of filters.
- They should provide some video tutorials in their webpage.
- I would like to see a portable version of the software.
- The software should make support for multiple languages.
- It has an Update check option, which leads to the product homepage. It should just tell whether the version is updated or not.
- The trial version usage limitation should be mentioned as precise. It tells about 8 times limitation but while the software is open you can use it as many times. It only consumes one usage when the interface is closed. That is misleading.
- The price of the software is a bit high since there are similar free tools that can have many but not all such features. In my opinion a price of $20 would be perfect for the Standard version.
- I found a problem while adjusting Hue/saturation. Any adjustment made the picture black. It just didn’t work for me.
Rick Ng of Softdiv Software have agreed to conduct a 3 days unlimited giveaway of Photopus i.e. Photopus Standard for our blog readers.
- With the licensed version you can get Unlimited Free Upgrades a year and Free Support.
1. Subscribe to Insights in Technology Email Newsletter. if you are not already subscribed. Don’t forget to verify the subscription in the email address provided.
2. Post a comment below as Guest using your Name and Email address that you used during Newsletter subscription. Don’t place your Email Address in the comment box.
3. Optional: Subscribe to our RSS Feed, Like Insights in Technology in Facebook, Follow me in Twitter, Share this news at places of your convenience.
The giveaway will run until 12th April, 23:59 GMT. Everyone following the rule will get a license.
Giveaway Ended !!