- Small executable [4 Mb], digitally signed by F-Secure Corporation.
- It is multilingual : 27 languages are supported. But if you have set the default language to other than English, upon the next reboot, the language may return back to default English language again.
- No installation, just agree with the terms and you will be given option to run scan.
- There are no options for running a scan. It runs only an express type of scan that is able to detect active malware. The scan window is not resizable.
- It needs reboot to continue scanning of rootkits.
- For malware removal also reboot is required.
- Usually, the scanning and cleaning takes a few minutes, but it depends on your computer and the number of programs and files you have on it.
- The tool scans your computer for infections and removes any that it finds. The scan result displays malware that was detected and action that was performed on it. So, make a system restore point before running a scan in case a false positive detection occurs.
- No option to stop scan. even if you close the window the processes continue to run. You have to close them manually using task manager.
- It runs three processes with the consumption of no CPU and 50 to 100 Mb of RAM.
- It requires administrative rights to use. When Easy Clean prompts for a reboot, make sure you subsequently log-in with the same Administrator account.
- System Requirements
Minimum hardware requirements:
Live Internet connection
Processor: Capable of running Windows XP
Memory: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Supported operating systems:
- F-Secure Easy Clean requires a live Internet connection in order to contact ‘cloud-based’ servers for the latest information about known threats. But there is no option to set connection settings. So, you won’t be able to scan under proxy with authentication.
- Since it is made to detect active threats, it may not find all installed malicious application files on your computer when it is run from Windows safe mode. If you must use safe mode to run Easy Clean, select “safe mode with networking” during the system boot process.
- To uninstall F-Secure Easy Clean, delete the installation package.
There is also a beta version of the same product that uses per-production databases and components that users may elect to try before their official release. But keep that for testing purpose only since it may include bugs.
Download the stable version
Download the beta version
See the product homepage of Easy Clean for more information about it. There is also a FAQ on the software that you might like to view.
Hope you will find this software useful !!