Often it is essential to inspect the nature of the CD/DVD/Blu-ray writers & the inserted media. This is an essential part of troubleshooting problems. VSO Inspector is a free add-on to report various information about your hardware configuration.
VSO Inspector Download & Installation
- VSO Inspector is available for download from the following link.
- Its a 2.9 Mb installer digitally signed with VSO-SOFTWARE.
- Installation is multilingual. It supports 13 languages.
- Desktop and Quick Launch icons are created by default on installation.
- Administrative right is needed for installation.
- During installation Pcouffin.sys driver is installed and you may get a prompt to allow its installation.
- Installation fast and clean. You will be asked to launch the application at the end.
VSO Inspector Features
Detect and list the features of your CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD readers or writers:
– Supported formats
– Region details
– Firmware versions
– Buffer size
Detect and list information about the inserted media:
– Media type
– Media ID (manufacturer and/or model)
– Number of layers
– Supported speeds (with current writer)
– Sector reading
– Definition of the area to check
– Definition of the read direction (as medias are mostly weak at the end of the recording zone, starting from the end is a good idea for a quick quality indication)
– Surface Scan & File Test. You can even specify the sectors to scan.
You can save scan reports and other information for future use.