- Analyzes more than 67 file formats.
AVI, DV Type-1, DV Type-2, DivX AVI, MPEG, MPEG-1, Video CD, MPEG-2, Super Video CD, MPEG-M1V, MPEG-M2V, VOB, MP4, Nero Digital, 3GP, 3G2, PSP, WMV, ASF, Nintendo DS, Ogg, Matroska, DVD, MVR, DVD+, QuickTime, MOV, Real Media, AUDIO, Wave, MP3, MPA, MPEG-M1A, MPEG-M2A, Matroska Audio, Real Media Audio, AIFF, AIFC, AU, IFF, PAF, SD2, SF, VOC, V64, MAT, PVF, XI, HTK, SDS, AVR, AC3, DTS, AAC, APE, MAC, FLAC, CDXA, Audio CD, M4P DRM, M4P, Ogg Audio, Subtitle, DVD IFO, Matroska and Real Media.
- Avoids problems when playing files.
- Supports latest DRM techniques.
- iTunes protected + free
- Windows Media 9 protected + free
- Windows Media 10 protected + free
- DivX protected, DivX free
- css protected, css free
- and css wrong region
- New identification for AVI-files (like DivX and Xvid).
- Listing of required codecs.
- FourCC adjustment for DivX and Xvid players.
- The result output is detailed.
- Codec analysis
- Listing of all file attributes
- Intelligent tree view
- Check of video- and audio stream
- Time saving during codec search
- Read-out of protected file formats
- The software is multilingual. Currently supports English & German languages.
- System Requirements
- Windows XP / Windows Vista (32/64) / Windows 7 (32/64)
- .NET Framework Version 2.0 (is installed automatically if not available)
- 256 MB RAM
- Around 17.9 MB of hard disk space for installing the program
- Pentium-compatible processor
- Mouse or compatible input device
- Net-Framework 2.0
- The installer (4.39 Mb) is digitally signed by SuperEasy Software GmbH & Co. KG.
- Installation requires administrative rights.
- Fast & Clean installation. Webpage opened upon installation finish.
- Automatically created shortcut on desktop is not for the executable but for the installation folder.
- User needs to execute CodecChecker.exe for opening the application.
- Splash screen is shown at startup of the application.
- The software supposedly checks for update at startup but unfortunately the opened webpage is actually a page for the sponsors!
- Media files may be opened via browse menu or by drag & drop. results are displayed in tree format.
- A detailed offline help documentation is available in both languages.
- The software consumes minimal resource usage.
The software may be downloaded from the following link.
I like tiny software made to fulfill specific needs. A portable version of the software would make it more appealing.
A portable version of the software may be prepared manually by copying the contents of the installation directory [normally at C:Program Files (x86)SuperEasy SoftwareCodec Checker] except unins000.dat & unins000.exe.