Have you ever encountered with errors called file is not in a recognizable format, or, unable to read file, or, file cannot be accessed, or, application cannot open the type of file represented by filename, or, out of memory errors, or, low system resources errors? If yes, then be informed that your file has been corrupted and some data has become unreadable. Under such circumstances you need a software like File Repair which will scan the corrupted file, read through the damaged bytes and will extract maximum possible data from it to a new usable file.
Download, Installation, Features & Specification
- The software File Repair may be downloaded from the following link.
- Its a 1.02 Mb download. The installer is digitally signed by KIRILL CHERMENIN.
- The installation is fast and clean and requires 2.7 Mb free disk space. Desktop icon is created by default.
- There is no portable version of the software but one can be easily created by copying file-repair.exe from the installation directory [viz. C:Program FilesRepair FileFile Repair] and executing the same anytime to launch the software.
- The software GUI is straight forward. There is no minimize button and also it can’t be resized.
- You just need to select the source corrupted file and click on Start Repair. Destination folder will be selected automatically as the source one. But if needed that can be changed too.
Following file types are supported.
- corrupted Word documents (.doc, .docx, .docm, .rtf)
- corrupted Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xla, .xlsx)
- corrupted Zip or RAR archives (.zip, .rar)
- corrupted videos (.avi, .mp4, .mov, .flv, .wmv, .asf, .mpg)
- corrupted JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .bmp, .png)
- corrupted PDF documents (.pdf)
- corrupted Access databases (.mdb, .mde, .accdb, .accde)
- corrupted PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pps, .pptx)
- corrupted music (.mp3, .wav)
Since I don’t have any corrupted files, I couldn’t test the efficiency of the software. I have one wishlist of the software. It will be better if it can repair files in batch mode.