It is intended to replace standard Windows 7 screen capturing tool, which lacks several useful features:
– basic editing options: adding straight lines, arrows, shapes, text annotations
– image cropping
– UNDO function
- Tiny installer [715 Kb], installs fast. Creates desktop icon.
- The software runs on all Windows version, both 32 and 64 bit.
- Upon launching, Smart Shot hides to system tray.
- It registers Shift + PrtScr to take full desktop screenshot instead of only PrtScr. Screenshot of Active Window can be made with Ctrl + PrtScr.
- After taking the screenshot, the editor launches quickly.
- The editor has few features adding text, box, circle, line, arrow, changing color of each, cropping image etc. It also has an undo function.
System Resource usage is optimal.
Although I like simple applications like this, some features are much needed.
A Redo Function
More output image formats.
The screenshot editor should allow opening of already saved screenshots for editing at a later time.
Less experienced users can use help documentation offline or only. But none are available.
I have created a video domonstration of the software usage.
Download version 18.104.22.168 the software can downloaded from the following link