AoA Audio Extractor is a totally free audio extractor, which provides you a handy tool to extract audio/sound or background music from videos.
|Caution to be taken during installation|
The GUI is decent and can’t be resized. Supports multiple instances.
You can choose convert particular fraction of the video.
|Select the portion of Video to convert|
|At Idle Time|
Although I like this software but it has few many disadvantages and problems in coding.
- I always face a problem in its GUI in my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS. I haven’t tried it in other OS.
|Bug in the GUI|
- The default path of the output folder is created on G:MyAudio in my case where G is the drive letter of my USB drive. This is so strange, it should have made it any local drive.
- Even after removing the USB drive and starting conversion, it did not give me any error about the absence of the output path; it simply skipped all the operations but still gave a successful message.
- It overwrites similar named files in the output folder without showing any alert.
- It doesn’t have any offline or online documentation, although the software is pretty easy to use.
The software needs to have some more features to appeal more users like
- A preview option while selecting part of the video to extract.
- An inbuilt player to check output file.
- Support for more video and audio formats.
There is a platinum version of the software that comes with more features at the cost of $29.95.
|Difference between Free and Platinum version|
Free version can be downloaded from the following link
and the pro version from the following link