For movie lovers I have wrote previously an article on DVDSmith Movie Backup
, which is able to copy the contents of a Movie DVD in your hard disk. Both unencrypted and copy-protected DVDs can be copied with that software. Today I will be writing about another software called BDlot DVD ISO Master
which can backup DVD, but not through copying its contents but by backing it up as an ISO file. Of course it can backup copy-protected DVDs. The software can also burn any ISO file to DVD. It is also able to mount ISO files to virtual drive just like gBurner Virtual Drive
or WinArchiver Virtual Drive
Features & Specifications
- Small installer (2868 Kb) digitally signed by Chengdu Deyi Software, Inc.
- System Requirements
Operation System: Microsoft® Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista (32 & 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended)
Free Hard Disk: 100MB space for installation
Graphic Card: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended)
Others: DVD/BD Driver
- Clean and fast installation. Desktop icon is crated automatically.
- Fresh interface with not much settings.
- BDlot DVD ISO Master can backup DVD as ISO file to both to Hard Drive and USB.
|Backing up DVD to ISO Image
- It can copy both homemade and commercial DVDs, and all types of DVD discs including DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, and DVD+/-DL.
- BDlot DVD ISO Master can unlock DVD region codes as well as other known restrictions such as CSS, CPRM, CPPM, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, Rip-Guard, and Disney X protection.
- The conversion to ISO is made without compression or quality Loss at fast Speed.
- BDlot DVD ISO Master enables you to burn any ISO file to DVD disc.
|Burn any ISO Image to CD/DVD/Blu-ray
- The software can recognize different discs and adopt optimum burning mode accordingly to save time.
- A wide range of discs including CD, DVD5, DVD9, BD25 and BD50, etc. are supported.
- It also offers advanced initiative cache burning technology that guarantees the integrity and sequence of DVD data after burning. So, you can continue multitasking without having to cautious about quality loss.
- BDlot DVD ISO Master can also mount any image files in a virtual drive. So, that you can experience the pleasure of viewing DVD without having to insert a DVD into your DVD drive. You can eject it by right clicking on the drive icon in Windows Explorer.
|Mount ISO image
|While only GUI is open
|While it is Backing up DVD as ISO
I prefer this software because it backs up as an ISO file which I can use for any purpose. It can be easily copied in USB drive (like an archive), can easily be burned on CD/DVD, can be mounted on Virtual Drive for getting same excitement as in original DVD. Viewing in Virtual drive since Virtual Drive is faster than normal CD/DVD ROM. Moreover thereby you can save your original DVD for a longer time.
I am unsure if the DVD writing speed can be adjusted and how many speeds are available, since at present I have to blank drive to test on.
There is no help file available but documentation is available online.
I wish if they could make a portable version available.
The software can be downloaded from the downloads page.
The zip file contains the executable bdlot-dvd-iso-master-setup.exe