YouTube is currently the best source of online videos which you can view in browser using flash player. Often users in slow connections plans cannot enjoy viewing YouTube videos due to incessant buffering of the videos. Moreover, YouTube videos suffer from the disadvantage of having internet connection all the time for viewing videos and also that some YouTube videos get removed and replaced for various reasons. The best solution of such problems is to be able to download videos from YouTube to hard drive for offline viewing. I have shared a few tools in past for downloading YouTube and other streaming videos in Windows OS. If you are a Macintosh OS user then I would recommend you to use Airy, a paid app from Eltima software, that allows downloading YouTube videos very easy.
Visit Product Page
1. Add the link to YouTube video to let the software grab the video location. Click on Download button to start the download process.
2. The software will install bookmark in common Mac browsers like Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. To grab a YouTube video, you have to go to that page and click on the Bookmark. The app will then launch automatically with the YouTube video link automatically grabbed in it.
3. The app will allow you to save video in MP4, WebM, FLV, and 3GP formats in a resolution up to your choice for you to play the downloaded video in devices of your choice.
4. If you need only the audio and not the video, this app also gives you that choice. You can download YouTube videos as mp3 file in standard format.
5. You can continue multiple downloads simultaneously in Airy.
Screenshots of Eltima Airy
Trial version of Airy is available in the following link. The trial version will allow you to save five free downloads of YouTube videos.
Direct Download Link
Airy costs USD 19.95 for a personal license (single PC). For family license (3 PC) it costs USD 39.95.
Visit Purchase Page
Get 20% Discount
You can get Airy at 20% discount. Go to the Purchase Page and use Coupon Code INSTECH-DSC.