Computer filenames are identifiers of files. Depending on your likings, you may like to have filenames of uppercase or lowercase letters. You may even like to have filenames with the initial letter of first word capitalized or initial letter of each word capitalized. You can easily change filenames of each individual files but for many files it will be laborious. File Case Converter is a simple software to rename one or more files with all letters Uppercase or Lowercase.
Specification of File Case Converter
- The software can be downloaded as a ZIP file containing the standalone executable (not digitally signed). Upon executing GUI will open without administrative rights. Windows 8 smartscreen Filter may block the file execution. You have to allow it.
- The software will search for updates at launch.
- The GUI is simple. You can browse for a folder to rename all files within it. You may also browse for selected files. Drag & drop is currently unsupported.
- There is a button at the left-bottom corner “Uppercase/Lowercase” for your desired output filename type.
- Press Go button, when you are ready to start the conversion. After conversion finishes you will see the output log in the lower field.
Feedbacks – File Case Converter
The software is useful at its present state and is recommended but it can be made more attractive and handy if the following things can be put into it.
- Drag & drop support.
- Check for duplicate inputs.
- An option to save renamed output files elsewhere.
- An option to change filenames with the initial letter of first word capitalized or initial letter of each word capitalized.