Metadata in MP3 files remains as ID3 (Iterative Dichotomiser 3) tag. It keeps information like song title, the album, artist etc. In some scenarios you may want to erase all metadata from MP3 files, for example if all those contain wrong information or you want to use similar tagging method on all your music collection. You can use either ID3Wipe or ID3Remover to perform such jobs. Both of these software supports ID3v1 and ID3v2 and perform operations in batch mode. You will have to add selected MP3 files via drag and drop and then start the job. The metadata erasing operation takes a moment or two.
Developed by Matthew Hipkins.
Product Page –> http://www.matthewhipkin.co.uk/apps/id3wipe/
Features of ID3Wipe
- The software is available in a Zip file.
- Simple GUI. Do not require admin rights.
- Drag multiple MP3 files in the interface or browse for single files to add.
- You will be able to see the full path of all the imported MP3 files.
- You can clear all the files at once.
- Go button starts the process of erasing ID3 tags.
- Supports supports ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.
- Shows results Window with detailed status. You can also save the results status.
Screenshots of ID3Wipe
Developed by Marre.
Product Page –> http://www.marre.org/id3remover/
Features of ID3Remover
- Software can be download in a Zip file.
- GUI is simple and user-friendly. Admin rights is not required during the launch of the GUI.
- To import files you need to drag the MP3 files in the interface.
- You will be able to see the full path of selected files.
- You can clear a single file or all files at once.
- It supports supports ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. You may even choose to enable support for only one type.
- Remove button starts the process of erasing ID3 tags.
- No results Window. Only shows a confirmation image at the end of ID3 erasing process.
Screenshots of ID3Remover