You must have heard about the term dpi. Its Dots per Inch. Modern printers and scanners print/scan documents as a collection of dots; more the dpi better will be the resolution. Photo mosaic making comes from this context. If you create a image using a collection of thumbnails as dots then it will be called a mosaic of the original image. First digital photo mosaic was made in 1995 by Robert Silvers, an MIT student interested in programming and photography. Later several photo mosaic software were developed. I have wrote about a free photo mosaic maker few times back. Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard is a paid photo mosaic software that does the job of mosaic making with profession efficiency.
Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard is better than many similar products
In most cases mosaic maker softwares us tricks and shortcuts that lead to counterfeit (“fake mosaic”), low-quality photo mosaic. I have experienced this many times while testing photo mosaic softwares. Here are some commonly used tricks noted in the website.
- Overlay of the base image that is the basis of the photo mosaic, which causes the base image to be somewhat blurry, and imposes a certain degree of transparency.
- Color correction of photomosaic elements
- The use of a grid of squares, rather than substitute the horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) rectangular images
- The use of a simplified method of selection of elements in a grid, where one image is interpreted as one color in the original image
- The use of a large number of elements where one element is almost one pixel of the original image, with the result that the constituent elements obtained are very small and uninteresting for viewing.
- Inaccurate selection of nearest element by color.
Thankfully Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard uses only ‘genuine’ techniques to create a photo mosaic and after using this you will believe this.
Using Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard
Using Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard is pretty easy. You will need the image whose mosaic has to be created and a collection of appropriate thumbnail images. These thumbnails will make up the photomosaic (the individual “cells”). The more images that you load in to the program’s collection, the more beautiful and spectacular the final photomosaic will be. The program carefully selects the location and orientation of fragments in the end mosaic. Thankfully Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard provides over 8000 such thumbnails for free in their website for using with the software.
Here are the simple 5 steps to create a photo mosaic as mentioned in the webpage.
- Choose an image you wish to recreate as a photo mosaic – this will be the large image which will be the subject of the mosaic as seen from a distance;
- Next, choose what you are going to call the photo mosaic;
- Proceed with building photo mosaic and let the software do the rest, or you can choose more options from the Settings menu;
- Preview the completed photo mosaic or edit the constituent photo tiles to suit your own taste and creativity; and
- Finally, save the photo mosaic.
You can also use the video demonstration!
Download Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard Trial
Latest version of Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard is 1.6. The 9.3 Mb installer can be downloaded using this link.
Purchase Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard
Get Free License of Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard
Evgeniy Baryshnikov, CEO of Artensoft has agreed to arrange FULL official personal licenses (with future updates) of Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard for our blog readers. For that you need to do the following:
- Make a short review (even 10-15 words) of Artensoft Photo Mosaic Wizard anywhere on the web. This can be a your home page, a site, forum, etc.
- Please note that you have to place the following link in your review.
- After doing that send a message to iit[at]artensoft.com with the address of the review page for Artensoft to check it. Once the review has been verified, Artensoft will respond with a message containing a personal key.
This offer is for 7 days. So, rush now and get your license.