In my previous post
, while mentioning about PDFMate Free PDF Converter
, I noticed that Anvsoft has released a new PDF Software for managing PDF documents called PDFMate Free PDF Merger
. Please don’t go by the name of the software. It’s not a simple PDF Joiner, rather can delete specific page or range of pages from a PDF and can merge PDF with the remaining pages. It can also change print layout of PDF documents and encrypt it. It is also able to convert BMP, JPG, PNG, TIF graphic files to PDF and can join multiple such files in a single PDF.
Features & Specifications
- Small installer (3.36 mb) digitally signed with AnvSoft Co., Ltd.
- Installation is smooth and fast and requires 11.9 Mb of disk space. Desktop icon is created automatically.
- The software is multilingual, supports 20 languages.
- System Requirements:
–Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
–Personal or multimedia computer with a 1.5 gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor
–256 megabytes (MB) or higher of RAM
–15M of available hard-disk space or higher
–XGA (1024×768) or higher resolution monitor
- Software GUI is nice. everything is well oriented, includes a quick-start guide in it. But GUI can’t be resized.
- To add multiple files, either browse for those by clicking on Add Files or just Drag & Drop.
- Order of the added PDF files can be changed using the Up, Down keys at the top-right of the GUI.
- You can choose either to add all pages in the PDF files in the merged one or particular pages of PDF(s). In the second case, either double click on a PDF or select it & click on Change Page Range button at the top. In the opened dialogue, you can adjust the page or page ranges to select.
|Select Page Range
- If you just want to delete particular pages from a single PDF, add it to the GUI and change page ranges to deselect unwanted pages and build the PDF with additional options (if required).
- You can also add image(s), even along with PDF for conversion to PDF or merged PDF. Supported image formats are BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIF and TIFF.
- The software allows you to change layout of the output PDF. You can change the page size (A3, A4, A5), orientation (Auto, Vertical/Portrait, Horizontal/Landscape) and the number of input PDF pages to the output PDF page (1IN1, 2IN1, 4IN1).
- Output PDF can be secured with a password. Password can be added for opening the PDF or limiting the permission(to edit, copy & print). You can set different passwords for the two purpose.
|GUI with PDFs to be Merged and Managed
- The output filename is of the format FirstFileName_LastFileName. But you can set custom format.
- By default the software saves the output PDF in a output folder present in its installation directory. You can of course change the save path to your likings. After processing finish, output folder is opened automatically.
- The software automatically renames, if similarly named files are already present in the output directory.
- The software allows user to manually check for updates.
- It also features a offline help documentation with instructions of using the software. An Online Help is also available.
- Resource usage in negligible at idle time but is moderate during conversion. This is acceptable since the conversion speed is fast enough.
|System Resource Usage at Idle time
|System Resource Usage during PDF Processing
The software is very useful and efficient, a nice complement to the PDF Converter
. I haven’t find any flaws to it. Although the name PDF Merger seems unsuitable to bring the uniqueness of the software, in fact it covers all possible features a PDF Merger can have. I have just one suggestion for the software
It should alert while adding a PDF twice in the list of PDFs to be ‘merged’.
I would highly recommend this software.
The software can be downloaded from the following link