Fresh UI is a fresh solution for configuring and optimizing Windows. Loaded with hundreds of useful hidden settings in Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / NT / 98 / 95 / Me, this software covers the customizing and optimizing techniques that you’ll be glad to know, such as: Customizing Windows User Interface (UI), Optimizing system settings, Optimizing hardware settings, Customizing Windows application settings, Controlling user environment with policies.
The most interesting part of the software is of course its applicability on a range of Windows operating systems. Possibly it works on 32 bit only as there is no mention of 64 bit anywhere.
- The software is multilingual. It supports 13 languages.
- Small installer (1592 Kb), no digital signature.
- Installation is fast and clean. Creates desktop and quick launch icons by default.
- There is an option to backup Windows settings before any modification but it doesn’t ask for the backup.
- You can password protect the application.
- The interface is easy to use but can be optimized.
- Although the software is free for personal usage it asks for a registration. Do the registration here by following the instructions and use the proper registration code to register the software.
- Since this software works on range of operating systems, there are settings that are not compatible with a particular operating system. By default all are shown but there is an option to hide incompatible windows settings.
- The help file of the software is not updated.
In my opinion, the software is very useful since it supports a range of operating systems. But the interface is not well optimized. It should in the first hand ask the user to create backup but it does not. The help file is backdated and the information are poorly documented. It should describe each point in more detail. Also the software has no option to check for updates.
I have created a video demonstration on the software.
The software can be downloaded from the following direct link.
Current Version 8.81 updated on 1st March, 2012.
Give it a try sometimes !!