About FairStars CD Ripper
Are you are a music lover? Then you must have a good collection of Audio CD. In an Audio CD, the music files are in a different format that files in Data CD. You cannot copy music files from an Audio CD to a storage device. If you want to keep a backup of the music files in an Audio CD, ripping is the only way out. Windows Media Player comes with an option to rip music from an Audio CD as WMA file. Third party softwares are needed to rip Audio CD in other formats. FairStars CD Ripper can rip Audio CD music as a number of other formats. According to the developer,
FairStars CD Ripper is a free powerful software for ripping audio CD tracks to WMA, MP3, OGG, VQF, FLAC, APE and WAV formats files on-the-fly. Free CDDB is supported(Querying & Submiting). It supports normalization when ripping, and also support ID3 tag. FairStars CD Ripper also supports playback with its built-in player.
FairStars CD Ripper: Download & Installation
The software can be downloaded from the following direct link
Its a 3.17 Mb installer.
Installation went on clean and fast after requiring administrative rights. Desktop icon has been created by default.
At installation end, it opens homepage and checks update.
FairStars CD Ripper System Requirements
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8, 32bit or 64bit.
- Full-duplex sound card.
- CD/DVD drivers.
FairStars CD Ripper Features and Specifications
- FairStars CD Ripper has an easy-to-use user-friendly interface.
- FairStars CD Ripper UI supports skinning. Currently 12 skins are supported.
- FairStars CD Ripper rips CD to WMA, MP3, OGG, VQF, FLAC, APE and WAV on-the-fly.
- Output files name patterns can be adjusted. A number of presets are available.
- The default output location of the ripped music is C:My Music. You can of course change the location.
- Ripping speed in FairStars CD Ripper can be adjusted: 1X, 2X, 4X, 8X, 12X, 24X, 32X, 40X and maximum.
- Audio Playback control function is supported.
- Adjust output quality of the audio formats.
- Automatic volume adjustment (normalization) during ripping is supported in FairStars CD Ripper.
- ID3 tag is supported. FairStars CD Ripper also supports automatic saving ID3 Tags when converting, and also support ID3 tags display and edit.
- FairStars CD Ripper supports multiple CD/DVD drivers.
- Query and submit CD disc information from/to the freedb(the Internet Compact Disc Database).
- Extraction is fast and effective.
- FairStars CD Ripper consumes minimal resource usage at idle time. During ripping, it is moderate.
- It offline help manual is quite detailed.
I was looking for a software to rip music as MP3 and I found it. I have not used any such software before. I am happy with the versatility of FairStars CD Ripper and will recommend it. A portable version would be great.
I have manually created a portable version of FairStars CD Ripper. Copy the contents of the folder except unins000.exe and unins000.dat. Execute CDRipper.exe any time to launch the software.