Entertainment makes life happier to live. Going out for a trip, playing basketball, watching a movie, chatting on Facebook relieves the stress that a week long job load creates. With the availability and ease of use of Digital Cameras, taking a picture of memorable or fun moments is a common job we all do. Uploading those images in social media would be a fun way to share those pictures with your away friends and relatives. Facebook and most other social media sites offer easy image uploading options. Most of us are on multiple social networks and its a pain to go to each site and upload a single image. So, here comes the need of a software like ImageShareIt which automates the process a bit by uploading that picture in its server and then use Add-This sharing widget for sharing that picture in multiple social sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. Bebo, FriendFeed etc. ImageShareIt is from PCWinSoft. According to the developer, this software
Eliminate the need to browse for images on your computer to share on Facebook, Twitter and social networks. With ImageShareIt you simply drag, drop and share. ImageShareIt is available for PCs and Macs. ImageShareIt is free.
Features & Specifications
- ImageShareIt is available for both Windows and Macintosh. It can run on any windows version 32 or 64 bit with an active internet connection. It can run on Mac 10.7.
- Windows version of the software can be downloaded from the following link.
- Macintosh version of the software can be downloaded from the following link.
- The Windows version of the software is digitally signed by PCWinSoft Systems Informatica Ltda. Installation went fast and smooth with the automatic creation of a Desktop Icon.
- The software is multilingual, supports 7 languages.
- Upon double clicking on the desktop icon, the tiny, non-resizable Window opens.
- You have to drag and drop an image on that Window to start the uploading process. You can drop an image of maximum 2 Gb in size.
- After the upload will finish, another non-resizable Window opens with the uploaded image and with link of the image and the page where the image has been uploaded, with Add-This widget for sharing that image.
- Along with this Window, a browser Window (in default browser) will also open with the same option. This is because in some computers sharing with Add-This does not work from the previous Window.
- Next you can share that image via either the former Window or the later Browser Window.
- There is no help documentation, neither offline nor online.
- The system resource usage of the software is minimal.
|System Resource Usage at Idle Time|
|System Resource Usage during Image Upload|
While I like the concept of this image, a number of improvements can be made.
- Other than drag & drop, the software should also allow importing image via Software GUI (File Menu).
- Images should be uploaded via Send To or Right-Click Menu.
- Should allow uploading images in batch.
- Drag & Drop image to the GUI, should not initiate the upload process. User may have dropped wrong image and would have liked to confirm the image before uploading.
- Upload Progress should have the name of image in it and should have a Stop Upload button.
- ImageShareIt used to have an option to create an user profile for keeping images in place. They have removed that feature. I would like see that feature again optimized like popular image hosting service.
- A portable version would be very much handy.
- The website should also have an option to upload image without the need for installing the software. This would make the service more appealing.
Anyway, this software and service is still in its early stage and has a lot of potential. I had talks with the developer during a fix regarding the software. He is enthusiastic in fixing any bug and welcomes feedback.