Few days back I wrote about XChange Attribute
that was able to change attributes of a batch of files. Today I will discuss about AttributeMagic Free
from Elwinsoft, a portable utility that can change attribute of both files and folders. Additionally it can change the Date and Time of Creation, Modification and Access of those file and folder and also can change the file name and extension.
Features & Specifications
The software can be downloaded as a Zip archive [am_free.zip ; 651 Kb] containing the standalone executable along with additional files. Download link is the following.
- The current version of the software has the following hash.
- Execute the software after unarchiving it. The software can run on all version of Windows, both 32 and 64 bits. It does not need to be installed and can be carried and launched wherever desired.
- The software GUI is not resizable but is user friendly. Browse for the particular file and folder, change the attributes and other properties and click Apply to save the changes.
- The software uses low system resources.
- The software has no offline help file but an online help documentation is available.
The software indeed is useful. But except the changing of folder attribute there is nothing much special in it. For additional features users need to register the Pro version.